Re: [BH] Application Patterns and SOAP (Was: First (Very Rought) Outline of Beyond HTTP)

On Thu, May 29, 2003 at 01:56:57AM +1000, Patrick.Hung@csiro.au wrote:
> For the UDDI, here are my suggestions (very rought and have to check
> the syntax carefully) to put privacy policies at two levels:
>
> (1) "businessEntity: Describes a business or other organization that
> typically
>     provides Web services." [1] For example:
>
> <businessDetail generic="2.0" operator="Microsoft UDDI Services"
> truncated="false" xmlns="urn:uddi-org:api_v2">
> <businessEntity businessKey="186a3421-0c20-45d1-b81d-efb9f61b0b15"
> operator="sample" authorizedName="sample">
> <discoveryURLs>
> <discoveryURL useType="businessEntity">
> http://uddi.example.com/uddipublic/discovery.ashx?businessKey=186a3421-0c20-
> 45d1-b81d-efb9f61b0b15
> </discoveryURL>
> </discoveryURLs>
> <Privacy href='http://registry.example.com/P3P/PolicyReferences.xml'
> rel='P3Pv1'/>

This doesn't work without changing the semantics of the
PolicyReferenceFile. The PolRef can only point to relative URI's. So the
issue here is that this PolRef could only state on registry.example.com
and NOT on uddi.example.com..

I'm much more sympathetic to the approach to define something in WSDL
1.2 as there, the properties of a service are defined..

Best,

Rigo