Re: Regrets and Update (Was: AGENDA: P3P spec call July 9)

On Wednesday 09 July 2003 10:39, Patrick.Hung@csiro.au wrote:
> Hi Joseph,
>
> I came back to office...
>
> Beside I talked about Web services security, I also mentioned the
> research issues of Web services + privacy policies at two conferences,
> France Telecom
>
> R&D Labs and HP Research Labs on the West Coast last week. Of course, I
> tried
> to promote the P3P Beyond HTTP Task Force to the audiences. You can check
> my
>
> presentation slides at:
> http://www.cmis.csiro.au/Patrick.Hung/documents/W3C-Privacy.pdf
>
> Overall, most of the audiences are interested in this new research topic
> but most of them do not have any concrete idea about privacy policies.
> Quite a number of them have been heard about P3P. In particular, some
> "liberty alliance
> (http://www.projectliberty.org)" people are very interested in what we
> are doing because they are also looking into the same problem from
> different aspects. I have invited them to check the work at P3P Working
> Group.
>
> I checked the latest version of the P3P Beyond HTTP Task Force draft
> report. Here are some of my comments:

Ok, your second and third comment are fixed in:
  http://www.w3.org/P3P/2003/p3p-beyond-http/Overview.html

> (1) Referring to "The P3P Policy Reference (p3p.xml) specifies the URLs
> for which the policy applies:"
>
> <META xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2002/01/P3Pv1">
>   <POLICY-REFERENCES>
>     <POLICY-REF about="/w3c/policy-register.xml">
>                 ^^^^^   ^^^
>                 Why not use "rel='P3Pv1' href='/P3P/policy-register.xml'"
> ? <INCLUDE>/register</INCLUDE>
>     </POLICY-REF>
>   </POLICY-REFERENCES>
> </META>

That's not standard P3P, right? I didn't feel so bold as to need to change
the policy-ref file...?

> So far, I think the most important task is to get some feedbacks/comments
> from the public. I am trying
> to invite those liberty alliance to give us some comments and etc.

I've sent an email to the www-ws-arch list -- though the W3C archives aren't
updating presently, so I can't give you the URL.