Re: Rec

Michael Schneider wrote:
> Hurray! :-)
>
> So what's our state now as a WG? Did we dissolve? Will I ever see you all
> again? ;-(

Don't worry. You don't get rid of us that easily...:-)

More seriously: the current agreement, due to the datatype issues, is
that the group will stay 'alive' though in some sort of a dormant state.
Ie, W3C will not officially close the group for now. The main thing to
do is that when the XML Schema Datatypes issues the next version, the
OWL 2 documents will be re-published with a minimal editorial change,
namely removing that paragraph from the status pages that refer to  xsd
1.0 and 1.1, and with updated references. Also, if between now and then
the community records editorial errata, those may be folded into that
new version.  We probably have to agree on how we manage that on our wikis.

Publishing that new version is, administratively, much simpler; we will
have to issue what is called a Proposed Edited Recommendation, wait for
possible external comments on those and then re-publish the document.
The current expectation that this will happen in about a year from now.
Then, and only then, would we formally close the group.

We would also have to have some discussions on what should happen on the
community side; what should happen with /2004/OWL, where would we
collect implementation data for OWL etc. I am in favour of some wiki
based solution, and we will have to work out the details before the end
of the year...

Cheers

Ivan

> Cheers,