Re: progress on OWL going to Rec

From: Markus Krötzsch <markus.kroetzsch@kit.edu>
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 16:01:09 +0100
To: Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>
Cc: public-owl-wg@w3.org, Sebastian Rudolph <sru@aifb.uni-karlsruhe.de>, Pascal Hitzler <pascal.hitzler@wright.edu>
Hi Sandro,

some feedback on PDF version, observed for the Primer but maybe an issue
elsewhere too (not sure if PDF formatting is crucial for the Tuesday
deadline):

* Many internal links do not work while still being displayed as links. I
think this generally applies to links pointing to sections (other links, e.g.
to the references, seem to be fine). In particular this affects the whole
table of contents.

* Formatting of the code examples is a problem, since many lines are too long
(often longer than the box, sometimes longer than the page margin). Making the
font size smaller for code snippets could probably fix 90% of the problems
(including the problem that the headers for the example syntaxes have a line
break). Decreasing the padding in example boxes would also help.

Cheers,

Markus

--
Markus Krötzsch
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), Institute AIFB

phone: +49 (0)721 608 7362
fax:   +49 721 608 6580
email: markus.kroetzsch@kit.edu
web:   http://korrekt.org

http://semantic-web-book.org
http://semantic-mediawiki.org

KIT - Universität des Landes Baden-Württemberg und nationales
Großforschungszentrum in der Helmholtz-Gemeinschaft