Re: XML Schema

Hi Michael,

My guess is that he refers to the OWL XML serialization, not the
owl.owl file.

And, he must be confused, because the XML schema for OWL XML has the
same restrictions as the FS&SS specification: both anonymous and named
individuals may appear in a SameIndividual assertion.

-Rinke

On 18 okt 2009, at 13:58, Michael Schneider wrote:

> [posting to public-owl-wg, not to the comments list]
>
> Hi WG!
>
> Does anybody understand the comment below? By "the normative
> specification",
> Thorsten is probably referring to the syntactic restrictions of OWL
> 2 DL. But
> what does he mean by "XML Schema of OWL 2"? Does he mean the owl.owl
> file? And
> if so, what does he mean by the suggestion "to bring these
> constraints into"
> it? Let me note that the owl.owl ontology does not contain any
> bNodes, let
> alone bNodes occurring in axioms built from the mentioned language
> features.
>
> Michael

---
Dr Rinke Hoekstra

AI Department         |   Leibniz Center for Law
Faculty of Sciences   |   Faculty of Law
Vrije Universiteit    |   Universiteit van Amsterdam
De Boelelaan 1081a    |   Kloveniersburgwal 48
1081 HV Amsterdam     |   1012 CX  Amsterdam
+31-(0)20-5987752     |   +31-(0)20-5253499
hoekstra@few.vu.nl    |   hoekstra@uva.nl

Homepage: http://www.few.vu.nl/~hoekstra