From: public-owl-comments-request@w3.org
[mailto:public-owl-comments-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Simon Reinhardt
Sent: Thursday, November 12, 2009 5:29 PM
To: public-owl-comments@w3.org
Subject: Disjoint classes - Error in example syntax?

Hi

The New Features and Rationale document [1] has the following RDF example:

:UpperLobeOfLung owl:disjointWith ( :MiddleLobeOfLung :LowerLobeOfLung ) .

However going by [2], [3] and [4] the correct syntax seems to be:

[] rdf:type owl:AllDisjointClasses ;
	owl:members ( :UpperLobeOfLung :MiddleLobeOfLung :LowerLobeOfLung )
.

Allowing a list of class descriptions for owl:disjointWith would break
backwards compatibility anyway, or?

Regards,
  Simon

[1]
http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/REC-owl2-new-features-20091027/#F2:_DisjointClasse
[2]
http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/REC-owl2-rdf-based-semantics-20091027/#Semantic_Co
nditions_for_Equivalence_and_Disjointness
[3]
http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/REC-owl2-rdf-based-semantics-20091027/#Semantic_Co
nditions_for_N-ary_Disjointness
[4] http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/REC-owl2-primer-20091027/#Class_Disjointness

--
Dipl.-Inform. Michael Schneider
Research Scientist, Information Process Engineering (IPE)