Re: CR Exit Criteria

From: Alan Ruttenberg <alanruttenberg@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 22:11:00 -0400
To: "Peter F.Patel-Schneider" <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>
Cc: ian.horrocks@comlab.ox.ac.uk, sandro@w3.org, public-owl-wg@w3.org
On Sat, May 23, 2009 at 4:32 PM, Peter F.Patel-Schneider
<pfps@research.bell-labs.com> wrote:
> I suggest something more should be said about the disposition of
> rdf:text.
>
> As things stand, what is an implementor supposed to do?
>
> This might be as generic as
>
>        The changes to the functionality provided by rdf:text will
>        require minimal changes to implementations.

I'm not sure how this helps, and I can see it being more of a
liability than anything. Given that it's hard to interpret what
"minimal changes" means, and that we haven't yet come to the final
shape of the solution, I worry that any changes could lead to
unnecessary, and not easily resolvable, complaints. If we want to give
more information I suggest it would be a pointer to the mailing list
so that implementors make their own judgements.

-Alan