Re: Status of OWL 2 XML Serialization

From: Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 15:15:06 -0400
To: Bijan Parsia <bparsia@cs.man.ac.uk>
cc: Alan Ruttenberg <alanruttenberg@gmail.com>, Ian Horrocks <ian.horrocks@comlab.ox.ac.uk>, "OWL 1.1" <public-owl-wg@w3.org>
> On 19 May 2009, at 19:03, Alan Ruttenberg wrote:
>
> > I think this can be worked around by instead of wrapping the schema in
> > <pre> tags, instead putting a space in front of each line in the
> > source that doesn't already start with a space.
>
> I already tried this and pretty much every other way. It doesn't
> produce acceptable results. Don't bother.
>
> > The whitespace should be ignored by schema readers, and the initial
> > space forces the line to be preformatted.
> >
> > I'm still looking for a cleaner solution.
>
> The simple solution is to pick a different W3.org temporary URI for
> the download and copy the schema there after stripping off the URI. I
> don't see why this can't be done :)

I'm not sure I fully understand, but yes, let's stop fighting with the
wiki.  I'm guessing someone should maintain the master copy of the
schema.  And they should:

     - paste it into whatever wiki page(s) it need(s) to be in, quoted
       as necessary, whenever it changes;

     - send me a new copy to put at the namespace, whenever necessary.

The live-from-the-wiki trick seemed worth a try, but it's not worth a
lot of hassle.

    - Sandro