Re: Status of OWL 2 Mapping to RDF Graphs

From: Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 19:32:59 -0400
To: "Peter F.Patel-Schneider" <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>
cc: alanruttenberg@gmail.com, public-owl-wg@w3.org, mak@aifb.uni-karlsruhe.de, evren@clarkparsia.com

> I disagree.  The Mapping to RDF document indicates how OWL tools should
> translate between the Functional Syntax and RDF Graphs (which is to
> leave literals alone, as is appropriate).  The rdf:text document says
> what should be done when moving RDF Graphs around (which is to replace
> rdf:text literals with plain literals).  These are two different
> things.

One of the options [1] being discussed (and the one I think Boris is
advocating [2]) is to take all this out of rdf:text.  If that happens,
would that change your mind?

     -- Sandro

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-text/2009AprJun/0083
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-text/2009AprJun/0080