Re: Status of OWL 2 Overview

From: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 23:17:38 +0200
To: Ian Horrocks <ian.horrocks@comlab.ox.ac.uk>
CC: Peter Patel-Schneider <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>, "OWL 1.1" <public-owl-wg@w3.org>
My apologies to have been silent for a few days, I am on a long trip in
Australia with only occasional access to the Web...

This is actually not a change v.a.v. the official version, but I found
this small remark:

[[[
OWL 2 RL''' enables the implementation of polynomial time reasoning
algorithms using rule-extended database technologies
]]]

I must admit I missed the term 'rule-extended database technologies' in
the last version. I am not sure why a reference to database technologies
is necessary here. RL can be implemented by rule technologies. Isn't
that all? (It can be made _even more efficient_ with a combination of
database technologies to handle, for example, sameAs, but that is
another matter...).

But this is a minor thing. Otherwise thumbs up!

Thanks

Ivan

Ian Horrocks wrote:
> Peter, Ivan,
>
> As reviewers of Overview can you please take a *very* quick look at the
> latest version and confirm that you are OK with any minor changes that
> may have occurred since your review and that, in your opinion, the
> document is ready to move to Last Call.
>
> Thanks,
> Ian

Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/