Re: Review of Primer

From: Sebastian Rudolph <rudolph@aifb.uni-karlsruhe.de>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 13:24:23 +0200
To: Mike Smith <msmith@clarkparsia.com>
Cc: W3C OWL Working Group <public-owl-wg@w3.org>
Hi Mike,

thanks a lot for your comments. I just went through them and mainly
agree. I will address them within the next days (hopefully by tomorrow
evening).

Just a thought on your first comment:
"The use of the word "individual" in the first sentence of the
preceding paragraph may present problems for users new to OWL. They
are likely to think individual refers to a single person."

...would "object" be more appropriate? Unfortunately, "entity" is
already reserved for syntactic ontology elements and should not be used.

Best,
Sebastian

Am 13.05.2009 um 03:54 schrieb Mike Smith:

> I have completed my review of the Primer.  My full set of review
> comments can be seen in the diff at [1].  Most of my comments were
> minor editorial issues.  My comments in sections 9 (DL and Full) and
> 10 (Profiles) suggest more substantial changes.
> --
> Mike Smith
>
> Clark & Parsia
>
> [1] http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/wiki/index.php?title=Primer&diff=23495&oldid=23464

Dr. Sebastian Rudolph
Institute AIFB, University of Karlsruhe, D-76128 Karlsruhe
rudolph@aifb.uni-karlsruhe.de    phone +49 (0)721 608 7362
www.sebastian-rudolph.de                 fax +49 (0)721 608 5998