From: "Boris Motik" <boris.motik@comlab.ox.ac.uk>
Subject: Datatype disjointness implemented
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 11:44:09 -0000

Hello,

I've just implemented yesterday's decision about datatype disjointness.

The changes in the Syntax document are localized to Section 4. Here is the diff,
although I doubt that it will be of great use, since the changes were many:
http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/wiki/index.php?title=Syntax&diff=19585&oldid=19563

Profiles:
http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/wiki/index.php?title=Profiles&diff=19586&oldid=19552
The change here was to remove the reference to owl:realPlus. Also, as far as I
remember from the F2F, we said that we'd include xsd:float and xsd:double into
OWL 2 RL after deciding on the disjointness, so this is what I did.

Hmm.  I'm not sure that this is exactly what we decided.  I think that
the loose intent was that if we didn't go disjoint then float and double
might get in.

We should probably get an OK from Oracle, at least, for this change,
which I think would not be forthcoming.

>From http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/meeting/2009-02-23:

  Ian Horrocks: so if float and double are not disjoint, Oracle would
  like to support them in RL, and if they are disjoint you would not
  want them in? ←

  Zhe Wu: yes ←

Regards,

	Boris