Re: Review of QRG (Action 307)

On 27 Mar 2009, at 19:09, Antoine Zimmermann wrote:
> Bijan Parsia a écrit :
>> On 27 Mar 2009, at 17:16, Christine Golbreich wrote:
>> [...]
>
>> It is not such a guide. It is a cheatsheet.  It may, as a side
>> effect, be a useful guide. But that is not its purpose.
>
> Just to clarify: it *must* be a useful guide, and I presume it is
> its intent to be so.

Sorry, you missed that this was shorthand "useful guide to the other
documents". Hence the use of "such" earlier in the paragraph.

> /Useful/, it must be because, otherwise, why should we do it?
>
> A /guide/, it has to be because it is titled the "Quick Reference
> *Guide*". Otherwise, it should be renamed into DCS, the "Dirty Cheat
> Sheet" ;-)

Funny! But it's still not a Guide To The Documents. It is, when we
agreed to this back way back when, a quick cheat sheet or quick
"guide" to the language. It is a two page, two or three column thingy.
If it's not that, we should bin it. If we can add some stuff to make
the online cheat sheet more useful, I'm happy with that as well.

BTW, afaict, there is, and has never been, any confusion from the
editors on this point.

> Apart from that, I am neutral wrt to the point being debated.

Not any more you're not! :)