ACTION-308 Review QRG

From: Bijan Parsia <bparsia@cs.man.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 12:25:05 +0000
To: W3C OWL Working Group <public-owl-wg@w3.org>
My review is predicated on one condition: that the HTML layout ends
up in 3 column, two page format. That was my understanding when we
agreed to this document, and that continues to be my understanding.
If that is going to be changed, we need a WG decision.

I would like that the notational conventions be a bit more
interactive. First:

"""We use the following notation conventions: unless stated
otherwise, "C" is an OWL class, "D" is a data range, "P" and "Q" are
object properties, "R" and "S" are data properties, "i" is an OWL
individual, "u" and "v" are literals, "n" is a non-negative integer.
All names may have subscripts. "[a1  an]" stands for a list."""

doesn't mention "x", which I presume is a bnode. Perhaps "_" would be
better? In any case, it needs definition.

Second, it'd be nice if when I moused over "C" I got a tooltip saying
"C is a class expression".

Typo: s/if D presents/if D is present/

For the highlighting of new stuff, I'd prefer if the whole line were
highlighted.

Typo s/reificated form/reified form/

2.9 should have some indication of when the reified form can/should
be used.

I think a little diagram or example would maybe work better for the
global restricitons. Otherwise, I'd just make a pointer to the full
account..I'm skeptical that people can follow it. Esp. as the
conditions mix in property and non property ones.

4.1 needs to be updated (e.g., owl:realPlus must go)

I think that the facets and the datatypes might be meaningfully
combined. I think it's more important to show what the facets *are*
rather than the syntax of the facets.