Re: Preliminary Review of "Conformance and Test Cases" (as of 20 March 2009)

On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 08:40, Peter F. Patel-Schneider
<pfps@research.bell-labs.com> wrote:

> 3/ Uses of ":FULL" as a tag
>  - 3.2.4 - :FULL for RDF-based semantics
>          - :DL for direct semantics
>  - 3.2.5 - :FULL for OWL 2 Full ontology document
>          - :DL for OWL 2 DL ontology document
>
>  SUGGESTION: Use :RDF and :DIRECT for the semantics in test cases.

I emphatically agree with this suggestion.  There may be complications
related to the infrastructure we have put in place.  I will work with
Markus offline to see if this is feasible.

> Other Suggested changes:
>
> - 3.1.1.1 - Profile and Species Identification Tests
>          - (also change the body of the section appropriately)

Does this just apply to :FULL as mentioned above?

> Questions:

> - 3.2.5 "If an input ontology is not an OWL 2 DL ontology document, the
>        normative syntax must be RDF/XML:"
>  OWL 2 ontology structures are more general than OWL 2 DL ontologies so
>  I don't see why this restriction is necessary, why not just remove it?

I agree.  Removed [1].

--
Mike Smith

Clark & Parsia