Re: GRRDL notes

On 20 Mar 2009, at 15:34, Ivan Herman wrote:

> Bijan Parsia wrote:
>>
>> From a security perspective, it seems that Jena puts up a warning at
>> least the first time you use GRDDL, but it's unclear if it does it
>> every
>> time it downloads a new transform. I don't know if it caches, so the
>> effect on W3C traffic is still unknown. I don't know anything momre
>> about signing or checksumming the XSLT, so I think it still is a
>> fairly
>> large security risk.
>
> I am not sure it is a perfect answer but I put extra information
> into my
> FOAF file:
[snip]
> Can't we put something similar into the RDF file that refers to the
> XSLT
> transform? Ie, store the signed version of it side by side and refer
> it through some vocabulary.

I guess.

Shouldn't we take the opportunity, however, to improve GRDDL practice?
I mean, again, the pain of current implementations breaking on our
GRDDL is superduperlooper low, afaict. And, arguably, they should be
fixed.

I would suggest that we set something up that denies non-cachers
access, etc. and sign directly so that implementations check that.

> I use PGP here, we can also use some form of XML Signature and store
> that.
>
> It is not perfect. But if an implementation wants to check the
> integrity
> of the transformation, it can.

Optional security isn't :)