Re: draft responses for LC comment FH3/29

Peter, do not expect me to get into some XQuery examples here, I am not
an XQuery expert. And, again, do not shoot at the messenger... My only
point is that this is the line Jan represented in his answer.

Ivan

Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:
> From: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
> Subject: Re: draft responses for LC comment FH3/29
> Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2009 12:04:43 +0100
>
>> First of all, don't shoot at the messenger...:-) But I try to anticipate
>> the arguments.
>>
>> Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:
>>> From: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
>>> Subject: Re: draft responses for LC comment FH3/29
>>> Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2009 10:17:40 +0100

>>> I don't see how this could work right.
>>>
>> Well, we do have a canonical RDF mapping of OWL. Ie, instead of mapping
>> the result of the RDF mapping to RDF/XML, one could do this with
>> another, XML-tool friendly XML encoding. I am not sure I understand the
>> problem...
>>
>>> In the current XML serialization, it is possible to XQuery for things
>>> like QCRs.  How would that work if QCRs are broken up into triples, even
>>> if you could use XQuery to find triples of a particular flavour?
>>>
>> It of course all relies on having an RDF triples follow our mapping
>> documents.
>
> How would this work?  (I guess a multi-way join could do it, if you can
> do joins in XQuery.  Even so it would be quite a complex and expensive
> operation, as opposed to querying in the XML serialization.)
>
>> Ivan
>
> peter

Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/
mobile: +31-641044153