Re: OWL2 comments -> UC#3

2009/3/5 Ian Horrocks <ian.horrocks@comlab.ox.ac.uk>:
> It may not be super useful/used in actual applications, but I don't see what
> is wrong with our old friend the Narcissist for illustrating/motivating
> local reflexivity. Clearly every instance of this class loves his/her-self,
> but it is clearly not true to say that loves is reflexive in general.
>
> Ian

Thank you for your suggestion.

As said, all the UCs selected in the document concern a) real needs
and applications, and it was rather tricky to sort all the UCs to have
b) for each feature 1 example from a UC easy to understand by users,
c)  with as many as possible domains involved e.g. chemistry inthis
case.

Such an 'invented' illustration of the feature, not grounded on a real
needs and UC# , might reinforce other LC critics about having in OWL 2
new features which are not really useful or/and too costly. However if
you wish I can add this within the text.

IMO the auro-regulating-process is understandable by users of any
domain, is as easy to understand as the "narcissist", thius does the
jog

Moreover, as you can see if you go to the document, at the end of that
discussion with Michel, which aim was to get a real example from the
chemistry domain, I had already implemented one of the chimical
examples he proposed instead of the Ring structure (though IMO it was
a more common notion like the regulating process, both from a specific
domain but easily transferable to others...)

Christine

--
Christine