Re: Testing the (RL) testing...

On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 05:01, Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org> wrote:

>> Alternatively, people can do this by writing a small amount with the
>> harness, even if the goal is to run tests with a non-Java tool.  I
>> added a bit the the Test_Running_Guide page to hint at this.
>
> O.k. I have not tried to run the tool, and the
>
> http://github.com/msmithcp/owlwg-test/tree/master
>
> does not hint at using this tool just to extract the specific tests (I
> presume this is on your t.b.d. list) but that is a good way to do it indeed.

It is not near the top of my TBD list but I will try to get to it.  My
hope was that someone else that couldn't use the harness directly with
their tool would do the modest extension.

> I (and testers) actually would be interested to know how the harness can
> be run. What does it require if I have, say, a web service returning an
> expanded RDF graph using the RL rules, to use this harness?

You would need to write Java code to interface between the Harness and
your web service.  The easiest way to do this is to implement the
com.clarkparsia.owlwg.runner.TestRunner interface.

> I know I am a pain in the back side here, my apologies:-( But, at the
> moment, the syntax translators via the M'ter service do not work. When
> do we plan to have that up and running? We have already contacted some
> of our potential implementers/testers and the deadline we give them to
> complete the tests (mid July) is fairly short. Ie, these translations to
> other formats should be available very soon...

The vast vast majority of test cases are either primarily RDF/XML or
have an auxiliary syntax link to RDF/XML (I will quantify this before
the telecon).  The links are only informative to help with browsing.
I believe the service we've linked to uses the OWLAPI, which does not
yet support the complete CR versions of *any* of the concrete
syntaxes.  I don't think we should expect that to change soon enough
to impact other tools in the CR period.  I.e., these informative
translations will probably not be available very soon.

--
Mike Smith

Clark & Parsia