Re: Changing Shortnames (proposal)

On 2 Jun 2009, at 09:37, Ivan Herman wrote:

> I do not really mind either way, I must admit, but Michael made a good
> point about the M'ter syntax. The two shortnames should be consistent.
> Ie, either
>
> owl2-manchester-syntax
> owl2-xml-syntax
>
> or
>
> owl2-manchester-serialization
> owl2-xml-serialization
>
> the only point is that 'owl2-manchester-serialization' is quite a
> mouthful for a short name:-)

Meh. I don't think the shortnames need to be consistent with each
other any more than the long names do. It's naming. (I do like when
the short name is a recognizable variant of the long name.) We've been
calling Manchester Syntax "Manchester *Syntax*" because that's always
been its name. We're calling OWL/XML the XML Serialization because
some people find that more palatable.