Re: Changing Shortnames (proposal)

Hi,

On 1 jun 2009, at 11:43, Michael Schneider wrote:
> * suggest to rename "owl2-xml-serialization" to "owl2-xml-syntax"

-1

The document itself consistently talks about an XML serialization for
OWL 2.

-Rinke

> [...]
>> 4. owl2-semantics               Direct Semantics
>>
>>          I think now that we also have rdf-based-semantics, this
>>          should be owl2-direct-semantics.
>
> +1
>
>> 5. owl2-rdf-based-semantics     RDF-Based Semantics
>> 6. owl2-test                    Conformance
>>
>>          I assume this should be owl2-conformance now.
>
> +1
>
>> 7. owl2-profiles                Profiles
>> 8. owl2-primer                  Primer
>> 9. owl2-new-features            New Features and Rationale
>> 10. owl2-quick-reference         Quick Reference Guide
>>
>>          I'd prefer owl2-quickref, personally, although
>>          owl2-quick-reference is fine.
>
> I'm happy with the current name. And it's still not the longest
> "shortname".
> :)
>
>> 11. owl2-xml-serialization       XML Serialization
>>
>>          Why did we put "serialization" there?  Why not just
>>          "owl2-xml"?  Maybe there's a reason I've forgotten, some
>>          other likely meaning for owl2-xml?
>
> I'm somewhat neutral. Another alternative would be "owl2-xml-
> syntax". I can
> see that it is called both "XML syntax" and "XML serialization" in
> both the
> document itself and in the Overview document. Maybe there should be
> more
> uniformity.
>
> But...
>
>> 12. owl2-manchester-syntax       Manchester Syntax
>
> I'd say, if we call this "xxx-syntax", then the XML serialization
> should
> also be called "xxx-syntax".
>
>> 13. owl2-dr-linear               Data Range Extension: Linear
>> Equations
>> 14. rdf-text                     rdf:PlainLiteral: A Datatype for RDF
>> Plain
>>                                Literals
>>
>>          Obviously this should change; I suggest rdf-plain-literal
>
> +1
>
>> That's it.  If we can resolve this at or before this week's
>> meeting, I
>> think I can make it take effect on this publication round.
>>
>>    -- Sandro
>
> Cheers,
> Michael
>
> --
> Dipl.-Inform. Michael Schneider
> Research Scientist, Dept. Information Process Engineering (IPE)
> Tel  : +49-721-9654-726
> Fax  : +49-721-9654-727
> Email: michael.schneider@fzi.de
> WWW  : http://www.fzi.de/michael.schneider
> =
> FZI Forschungszentrum Informatik an der Universität Karlsruhe
> Haid-und-Neu-Str. 10-14, D-76131 Karlsruhe
> Tel.: +49-721-9654-0, Fax: +49-721-9654-959
> Stiftung des bürgerlichen Rechts, Az 14-0563.1, RP Karlsruhe
> Vorstand: Prof. Dr.-Ing. Rüdiger Dillmann, Dipl. Wi.-Ing. Michael
> Flor,
> Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. Wolffried Stucky, Prof. Dr. Rudi Studer
> Vorsitzender des Kuratoriums: Ministerialdirigent Günther Leßnerkraus

---
Drs Rinke Hoekstra

Leibniz Center for Law      |  AI Department
Faculty of Law              |  Faculty of Sciences
Universiteit van Amsterdam  |  Vrije Universiteit
Kloveniersburgwal 48        |  De Boelelaan 1081a
1012 CX  Amsterdam          |  1081 HV Amsterdam
+31-(0)20-5253499           |  +31-(0)20-5987752
hoekstra@uva.nl             |  hoekstra@few.vu.nl

Homepage: http://www.leibnizcenter.org/users/rinke