Re: OWL/XML schema & example

On 22 Jul 2009, at 17:01, Antoine Zimmermann wrote:

> Dear working group fellows,
>
> I've been pointed to an issue wrt the XML schema of the OWL/XML
> syntax.
> First, the XSD file is enclosed by <pre> ... </pre> which breaks
> its validity.

Yeah, a known problem.

> Second, the example XML ontology in the spec [2] is not validated
> against the schema (without <pre> ... </pre>).

It is valid, but there's another issue with the "live from wiki"
version...it entities all the ampersand, e.g.,

	<!ENTITY PN_CHARS_U    "&amp;PN_CHARS_BASE;|_">

Which, obviously, breaks that use of entities.

If you cut and paste the text of the schema as it's rendered in a
browser, it works fine and it validates the example.

For your convenience, I've put a clean, working copy of the schema here:
	http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~bparsia/owl/owlxml.xsd
and here's the spec example with schemaLocation pointing to the clean
schema:
	http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~bparsia/owl/specExample.xml

Hope this help.s