Re: OWL/XML schema & example

From: Bijan Parsia <bparsia@cs.man.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 17:34:42 +0100
Cc: 'W3C OWL Working Group' <public-owl-wg@w3.org>
To: Antoine Zimmermann <antoine.zimmermann@deri.org>
On 22 Jul 2009, at 17:01, Antoine Zimmermann wrote:

> Dear working group fellows,
> I've been pointed to an issue wrt the XML schema of the OWL/XML
> syntax.
> First, the XSD file is enclosed by <pre> ... </pre> which breaks
> its validity.

Yeah, a known problem.

> Second, the example XML ontology in the spec [2] is not validated
> against the schema (without <pre> ... </pre>).

It is valid, but there's another issue with the "live from wiki"
version...it entities all the ampersand, e.g.,

Which, obviously, breaks that use of entities.

If you cut and paste the text of the schema as it's rendered in a
browser, it works fine and it validates the example.

For your convenience, I've put a clean, working copy of the schema here:
and here's the spec example with schemaLocation pointing to the clean

Hope this help.s