RE: LC: Opposing OWL/XML format

[cc'in Ivan]

Bijan Parsia wrote:

>>> 3) If there were an XSLT published by the working group, would you be
>>> satisfied even if it were not (easily) downloadable from the
>>> namespace page?
>>
>> This sounds like a trick question.
>
>It's not. I sounds like you aren't familiar with GRDDL or this issue.
>Believe me there have been REAMS of discussion on it :)
>
>> I think the answer is yes, but I
>> can't imagine why
>> under normal conditions it couldn't be downloadable.
>
>*From the namespace page*. I.e., if you dereference "http://
>www.w3.org/2002/07/owl" do you get this XSLT. I'm very much opposed
>to that. That's the normal case with GRDDL.

I am getting owl.owl from there.

Would it work with standard GRDDL aware tools to get an XSLT from there, when there is also an RDF/XML file at the same location?

Not that I propose to have some owl2.owl there later, but if several resources are going to compete, I would hardly expect to find there the XSLT of a the OWL/XML syntax at the first place. Rather some information about OWL, perhaps with the data in this information page also available in RDF form.

Probably, this will be some issue that needs to be resolved: What will be at that URL after OWL 2 is finished?

Dipl.-Inform. Michael Schneider
Research Scientist, Dept. Information Process Engineering (IPE)
Tel  : +49-721-9654-726
Fax  : +49-721-9654-727
Email: schneid@fzi.de
WWW  : http://www.fzi.de/ipe/eng/mitarbeiter.php?id=555

Haid-und-Neu-Str. 10-14, D-76131 Karlsruhe
Tel.: +49-721-9654-0, Fax: +49-721-9654-959
Stiftung des bürgerlichen Rechts
Stiftung Az: 14-0563.1 Regierungspräsidium Karlsruhe
Prof. Dr. rer. nat. Dr. h.c. Wolffried Stucky, Prof. Dr. rer. nat. Rudi
Studer