RE: LC Comment: Names for axioms

Bijan Parsia wrote:

>The immediate overall goal is to support so
>called "stand off" annotations on axioms...that is, axiom annotations
>that are not a structural part of an axiom they annotate. Such
>annotations could be stored in separate documents (for example).
>
>The simplest feature that would support this would be the ability to
>name axioms with a URI. This ability is, I think, present in OWL Full.

Hi! For my interest and understanding: What do you exactly mean by giving a name to an axiom in OWL Full? Do you mean to use a URI instead of a bNode in the RDF encoding of an axiom annotation, such as in (adapting the example from Section 2.3.1 of the RDF Mapping):

  s p o
  :spoName rdf:type owl:Axiom
  :spoName owl:subject s
  :spoName owl:predicate p
  :spoName owl:object o
  TANN(annotation_1, :spoName)
  TANN(annotation_m, :spoName)

? This would indeed be allowed in Full (though currently not reverse-mappable AFAICT; would there be any technical problems with allowing this?).

Dipl.-Inform. Michael Schneider
Research Scientist, Dept. Information Process Engineering (IPE)
Tel  : +49-721-9654-726
Fax  : +49-721-9654-727
Email: schneid@fzi.de
WWW  : http://www.fzi.de/ipe/eng/mitarbeiter.php?id=555

Haid-und-Neu-Str. 10-14, D-76131 Karlsruhe
Tel.: +49-721-9654-0, Fax: +49-721-9654-959
Stiftung des bürgerlichen Rechts
Stiftung Az: 14-0563.1 Regierungspräsidium Karlsruhe
Prof. Dr. rer. nat. Dr. h.c. Wolffried Stucky, Prof. Dr. rer. nat. Rudi Studer