Implemented Resolution of LC Comment 34 (TQ) on property chains in RDF-Based Semantics

From: Michael Schneider <schneid@fzi.de>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 05:19:11 +0100
To: <public-owl-wg@w3.org>
Hi!

LC Comment 34 (Top Quadrant) on "Property chain inclusion axioms" [1] (under "Other comments") stated:

"""
We have some concerns with the use of blank nodes
in the subPropertyOf triple corresponding to a RIA.
[...]
We believe introducing a new property in the RDF mapping
for RIA and avoiding the use of subPropertyOf
is probably a better trade off here.
"""

At F2F5, the working group has decided [2a] to change the current RDF encoding of sub property chain axioms to a single triple form, which avoids the blank node on the left hand side and the use of "subPropertyOf". The new vocabulary term "owl:propertyChainAxiom" [2b] has been introduced.

I have implemented this resolution in the RDF-Based Semantics. See the diff at [3].

Cheers,
Michael

[1] LC Comment: <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-owl-comments/2009Jan/att-0051/index.html>
[2a] Resolution: <http://www.w3.org/2009/02/24-owl-irc#T16-34-32-1>
[2b] Addendum: <http://www.w3.org/2009/02/24-owl-irc#T16-33-31>
[3] Diff: <http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/wiki/index.php?title=RDF-Based_Semantics&diff=18494&oldid=18493>

--
Dipl.-Inform. Michael Schneider
Research Scientist, Dept. Information Process Engineering (IPE)

Haid-und-Neu-Str. 10-14, D-76131 Karlsruhe
Tel.: +49-721-9654-0, Fax: +49-721-9654-959
Stiftung des bürgerlichen Rechts
Stiftung Az: 14-0563.1 Regierungspräsidium Karlsruhe
Prof. Dr. rer. nat. Dr. h.c. Wolffried Stucky, Prof. Dr. rer. nat. Rudi Studer