Re: Last call comment - conformance/datatype map

As I have stated in the past, our experiment with letting
implementations define xml schema datatypes in OWL 1 was a failure.
That point of view is nothing new - I've stated it in the past. I
think we should be clearly setting expectations that standardizing OWL
behavior in the W3C space is to be managed within the W3C process. We
already have restrictions to this effect in Syntax.
http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/wiki/Syntax#IRIs_and_Namespaces

There are a variety of ways of accomplishing this goal and I'm open to
suggestions on how to go about doing this.

-Alan