Re: abstract preamble and "guide to documents" (LCC 10, ...)

Peter,

concerning the roadmap section, my recollections on the status of
documents is a bit different. AFAIK, the WG has decided:

- the features and rationale is a normative document (ie, rec track)
- the quick reference is rec track
- conformance and test cases is rec track

For all these cases the text at least suggests that these are not rec
track documents. Indeed, the reading is that only the documents listed
in the bulleted items are rec track a.k.a. normative (and they all
indeed are at the moment!)

Based on the LC comments the WG might decide to reconsider some of these
statuses, but that is the current situation in my recollection. I may
have a bad memory, though, all warranty is lost over 50 (which is
certainly my case:-)

I am o.k. with the generic Abstract text. I think the version for the
syntax document should be finalized after our discussions at the f2f on
the 'naming' issues.

Thanks!

Ivan

Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I have put together a revised abstract preamble that does not define OWL
> 2 as a diff from OWL 1 (as suggested by Ivan).  I've also put together a
> terse document guide that could go at the beginning of documents.
>
> I've put both of these up in the drafting area for LC comment 10, at
>
> http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/wiki/LC_Responses/IH2
>
> peter

Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/
mobile: +31-641044153