Re: Draft response to LC comment 46

Uli,

I must admit I lost track of this issue after a while. However, the
Functional Syntax document does _not_ include any reference to the Data
Range extension as being 'feature at risk'. As such, unless a major
change, I do not think that this feature would be added to the main
document, that would clearly go way beyond Last Call...

My recollection (and I may be wrong) is that [1] might be published as a
separate WG note that can then be implemented, as an additional feature,
by OWL 2 tools. But that is a different statement.

Again, I may have missed something.

Cheers

Ivan

Uli Sattler wrote:
> Hi, here is a draft response  to LC comment 46. Cheers, Uli
>
> -----------
>
> Dear Jan,
>
> thank you for your comment
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-owl-comments/2009Jan/0050.html on
>
> the OWL 2 Web Ontology Language last call drafts.
>
> It is still possible that datatype relations with an arity higher than
> one will be included in the final version: they are currently a feature
> at risk [1], but we hope that we will soon see clearer about
> implementation issues and, in case they should indeed pose not too many
> problems, be able to provide them in OWL 2.
>
> Please acknowledge receipt of this email to public-owl-comments@w3.org
> (replying to this email should suffice). In your acknowledgment please
> let us know whether or not you are satisfied  with the working group's
> response to your comment.
>
> Regards,
> Uli Sattler
> on behalf of the W3C OWL Working Group