From: Antoine Zimmermann <antoine.zimmermann@deri.org>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 09:42:38 +0000
To: public-owl-wg@w3.org
Dear OWL Working Group members,

I have been newly nominated as a member of this WG and as such, I'd like
to introduce myself.

I have been employed very recently in the Digital Enterprise Research
Institute in Galway (Ireland) as a postdoctorate researcher, where I am
working in the Reasoning and Querying Unit, led by Axel Polleres. Before
that, I was a Ph.D. student in INRIA Rhône-Alpes, under the supervision
of Jérôme Euzenat. My research activities are mainly focused on
representing and reasoning with heterogeneous, networked ontologies. I
have applied my theoretical and abstract work to DL ontologies.

I'm joining late because one of DERI's representative in this WG had to
leave the group. At this stage, I know I will not drastically influence
the development of OWL2, but I want to keep my institute, DERI, in the
loop and informed of the group activities. I also expect to learn more
about W3C standardisation process, as it is my first participation in a WG.

I will most likely not be able to attend the face-to-face meetings, but
I will participate to the teleconferences.

More information about myself can be found using the link below.
Currently, it redirects to http://exmo.inrialpes.fr/~zimmer/, hosted by
INRIA, but it will be moved to DERI shortly.

Finally, I wish us good luck for the final steps toward recommendation.

Antoine Zimmermann
Digital Enterprise Research Institute
National University of Ireland, Galway
IDA Business Park