Re: DRAFT response to comment #54, Jan Wielemaker

Peter,

- I have no problem waiting to send out the reply to Jan until the
multi-syntax format issue is discussed and, hopefully, decided. That
should (I hope) happen at the f2f in cca. a week from now, so there is
no rush. You are right that it is better to rely on such decisions in
the reply.

- As for you more general comment... Jan's comment is not described in
very clear manner (to me), but I do not believe that getting into the
type of discussion you mention below is worthwhile or indeed appropriate
at this time. Jan is worried about his current toolchain, and the reply
I proposed also says:

[[[
... Ie, the situation has _not_ changed compared to OWL 1.
]]]

ie, his worries are unfunded. If he could live with OWL 1 then he could
live easily with OWL 2. That is the essence of what we have to say, the
rest is cherry on the cake, in fact... Let us not worry whether he will
have to change his toolchain later (eg, for RIF); this is not the
subject for a LC comment response in my view...

Cheers

Ivan

P.S. Jan's systems, based on Prolog, is primarily targeted at OWL Full
applications, so I believe his worries is really based on the false
assumptions that _another_, non triple based syntax is to be used.