Re: What happens when an ontology has data literals that are outside the range handled

On 12 Feb 2009, at 22:33, Alan Ruttenberg wrote:

> Sorry, too quick. I'll try again.
>
> What happens if you have an ontology that has an axiom
>
> OneOf("1.0"^xsd:decimal, "1.00001"^xsd:decimal)
>
> and  only 4 digits of decimal precision are supported (for the sake of
> example, our spec says that at least 16 digits need to be supported).

I'm unclear why we need the one of, but I would say that an
implementation, in strict mode, should report that it cannot process
that ontology because there is a literal with too many digits.

In a lax mode, it might ignore that axiom but still pump a warning to
sterror or stout.

Our spec clearly says what this *means*, of course.