Re: Proposal for multiple syntaxes everywhere

On 1 Feb 2009, at 16:37, Jie Bao wrote:

> That's a fantastic tool!

Thanks! All credit to Matthew Horridge for both the underlying parsers
and serializers  and for the service itself.

> Maybe one more syntax to support: OWL 1 abstract syntax ? Swoop allows
> this syntax.

Yes, and it was supported in the OWL API v1 which used the old
abstract syntax as its internal object model. The OWL API v2 uses the
UML described model.

(So when I said, "all historical parsers" I meant that have been in v2.)

At the moment we don't parse the functional syntax either (and I'm not
sure we will). We, of course, welcome patches ;) All one needs is to
write the appropriate parser to or serializer from the OWL API v2
object model. I do suggest it as a student project every now and
again, but I'm reluctant to put non-owned and maintained code into the
release or into the service.

A higher priority in my book would be a translation to a standard FOL
syntax...