OWL 2 dependency on XSD 1.1

From: Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 08:50:41 -0400
To: public-owl-wg@w3.org

Has anyone made an progress yet on figuring out exactly which parts of
the XSD 1.1 Datatypes spec OWL needs?

I've heard some comments about how we use pretty much the entire spec.
Is that really true?  More to the point, how much of the spec do we NOT
use?  Because if we really use all of it, then OWL implementations are
XSD 1.1 implementations, and perhaps XSD 1.1 Datatypes would then be
able to proceed to PR now....!  (I'm not sure if they're willing to let
the Datatypes part go ahead of the Structures part, but perhaps...)

I guess there are a few datatypes we don't use, but perhaps we could
implement them for these purposes.

    -- Sandro