Re: CR comments

From: Bijan Parsia <bparsia@cs.man.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 15:28:29 +0100
Cc: W3C OWL Working Group <public-owl-wg@w3.org>
To: Ian Horrocks <ian.horrocks@comlab.ox.ac.uk>
On 4 Aug 2009, at 11:50, Ian Horrocks wrote:

This line seems to be incorrect:

"""Regarding imports, the direct semantics operates on ontology
structures; it therefore has nothing to say about importation, which
operates on ontology documents."""

Importation exists in ontology structures (see <http://www.w3.org/
2007/OWL/wiki/Syntax#Ontologies>
"""Apart from axioms, ontologies can also contain ontology
annotations (as described in more detail in Section 3.5), and they
can also import other ontologies (as described in Section 3.4).""")

But we can respond more directly to what he wrote:

"""I find it strange that imports is not mentioned at all in the Direct
Semantics. I think it should be explicit that the semantics should be
applied to the axiom closure of the ontology. """

with

""Actually, you can see from:
<http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/wiki/Direct_Semantics#Ontologies>
(An interpretation I satisfies an OWL 2 ontology O if all axioms in
the axiom closure of O (with anonymous individuals standardized apart
as described in Section 5.6.2 of the OWL 2 Specification [OWL 2
Specification]) are satisfied in I w.r.t. O.)
that the direct semantics of OWL ontologies is explicitly applied to
the axiom closure (with at link back to the definition of axiom
closure)."""