Re: Freezing documents for publication

From: Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 13:34:35 -0400
To: W3C OWL Working Group <public-owl-wg@w3.org>

> I'm aware that there have been several last minute reviews and that
> document editors have been responding to these by continuing to
> update the documents in the wiki. I'm very grateful for the effort
> that has gone into this and the resulting improvement in the quality
> of the spec. However, we now need to stop changing the documents so
> that we can complete a final validation and link check and create the
> HTML snapshots. Can editors therefore please conclude any in-progress
> editorial work *now* and refrain from making any more changes until
> further notice -- other than those needed to fix structural problems
> identified by the above mentioned validation and link checks.

There are new preview snapshots linked from here:

    http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/draft/ED-owl2-overview-20090416/

and copies of me running checklinks on them here:

    http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/draft/checks

Everything looks fine to me except:

   NFR is reported as having some broken links, but this must be
   due to a bug in the checker, since the links seem fine to me

   QRG has about 20 broken links to Primer and NFR.  Running the
   checker on the wiki page erroneously reports about 100 broken
   links, but I think these ones really are broken:

     http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/draft/checks/checklinks-110-owl2-quick-reference.html

I'm supposed to give finished copies to the Webmaster on Sunday, so
hopefully someone can fix QRG (either by editing it, or by editing
Primer and NFR to add the right destinations).

     -- Sandro