Re: Quick comments on the QRG

Hi Jie,

I have two other comments:

* Consider renaming section 1 from "Name Spaces" to "Namespaces"
* The links to the new features and rationale document in the second
column of tables (the syntax column) may seem to be part of the
syntax, e.g. ObjectExactCardinality(n P C) (N)

-Rinke

On 15 apr 2009, at 22:38, Jie Bao wrote:

> Peter.
>
> Thanks again for the through review. I updated QRG
>
> The diff is
>
> http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/wiki/index.php?title=Quick_Reference_Guide&diff=22195&oldid=22157
>
> This version is
>
> More goes inline
>
> Jie
>
> On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 2:41 PM, Peter F. Patel-Schneider
> <pfps@research.bell-labs.com> wrote:
>> If you are going to keep the pointers to NF&R, then a simple ? is all
>> that is needed.  The bracketing parentheses do not add anything (and
>> only detract).

>>  enough to agitate for a reorganization.
>>
>> Nomenclature:
>>  If you are going to use short forms, you should use "standard" ones,
>>  i.e., (...) instead of [...] (even though [] is nicer).
>>
> It has been changed
>

>> Semantics:
>>  If you have "semantics" for some axioms, you should have them for
>>  all.  If you can't have them for all, you shouldn't have any.  If
>> you
>>  have them for all, then you should get the semantics at least
>> close to
>>  correct.
>>
> All semantics are out now
>
>> Links:
>>  The links to the Primer are broken due to the ongoing rewrite of the
>>  Primer.
>>
> Fixed
>
>> Abstract (2nd paragraph):
>>  Much better would be:
>>    This document provides a quick reference guide to the OWL 2
>> language.
>>
> Done
>
>> S1
>>  The initial bit of S1 should be something like:
>>    The standard ... in OWL 2 are
>>
> Done
>
>> S2
>>  The title should be something like:
>>    OWL 2 Constructs
>>
>>  It is not necessary to repeat the section titles.
>>
> Removed repetition
>
>> S2.1.1
>>  Should be titled something like:
>>    Boolean Connectives and Enumeration
>>
> Now is Boolean Connectives and Enumeration of Individuals
>
>> S2.1.2
>>  It is not necessary to have
>>   Every owl:Restriction is an owl:Class.
>>  as this comes from the structure of the document.
>>
> That's true, but making it explicit may help beginners.
>
>>  A better arrangement for the cardinalities would be to have two
>> lines
>>  in the second column, the first without the C and the second with.
>>  This would allow the removal of the "Cardinality Restrictions" box.
>>
> Done
>
>>  if C presents -> if C is present
>>
>>  It would be better to have the if ... lines left-justified and the
>>  triples below them indented a bit.
>>
> changed to without C /with C
>
>> S2.1.3
>>  Many of the points for S2.1.2 apply here as well.
>>
>> S2.1.4
> [...]

---
Drs Rinke Hoekstra

Leibniz Center for Law      |  AI Department
Faculty of Law              |  Faculty of Sciences
Universiteit van Amsterdam  |  Vrije Universiteit
Kloveniersburgwal 48        |  De Boelelaan 1081a
1012 CX  Amsterdam          |  1081 HV Amsterdam
+31-(0)20-5253499           |  +31-(0)20-5987752
hoekstra@uva.nl             |  hoekstra@few.vu.nl

Homepage: http://www.leibnizcenter.org/users/rinke