Re: Primer: Summary of updates

On Mittwoch, 15. April 2009, Christine Golbreich wrote:
> It has not that much changed since 8 April TC (except the Appendix
> part on new features that has been removed)

What else did you expect to change? I did not see any email from you
suggesting other changes. But we will continue to address further comments in
the remaining time, so feel free to send them.

However, quite some more things have changed, mostly in response to review
comments that we received from other WG members. The diff for the week is at:

http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/wiki/index.php?title=Primer&diff=22130&oldid=21657

> It has not  got more reviews from the appointed reviewers at this
> time, and the same limitations about its scope, length, etc. stand
> I'd liked to see a Primer that provides an in depth understanding of
> the OWL 2 semantics in order to guide users in correctly using it to
> perform reasoning tasks.

I am unsure what you have in mind here. Do you suggest to include sections
that explain the content Direct Semantics and RDF-based Semantics documents? I
agree with Uli that this would be beyond the scope of the Primer. Or do you
suggest to extend the current informal explanations of the semantics of the
constructs? In this case, it would be great if you could give an example of an
explanation that you think needs more details.

> Thus I'm as reluctant as before.

Sorry to hear that.

Markus

--
Markus Krötzsch
Institut AIFB, Universität Karlsruhe (TH), 76128 Karlsruhe