Re: publication status, issues, preview drafts

From: Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>
Subject: Re: publication status, issues, preview drafts
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 10:38:54 -0400

[...]

>> There were 4 At Risks in the 1st last call.  Numbers 2 and 3 are
>> resolved, leaving 1 and 4.  I like leaving the numbering as is.
>
> That makes sense, but I think we should explain that in the SOTD.  Maybe
> a new subheading, like "Features At Risk".  Which documents have At Risk
> statements?

Syntax, is the base one, with both AR#1 and AR#4.
RDF-Based Semantics mentions AR#1.
Profiles has its own AR - which mentions that there are two AR in Syntax.
rdf:text has two separate AR - rtfn:compare and rtfn:length

I think that is all.

What text should go where?  Perhaps

There are two At-Risk features in this last call for OWL 2, both having
to do with datatype support.  The datatype owl:rational is at risk
(At-Risk #1) and will be removed if there are not implementations that
support it.  The datatype rdf:XMLLiteral is at risk (At-Risk #4) in the
functional syntax, and *may* be removed as a result of implementation
experience.  Comments during the previous last-call period resulted in
the resolution of two previous at-risk features.

>> It appears that all linking issues have been resolved in the Wiki
>> documents, except maybe for NF&R and QRG.  As far as I can tell *all*
>> other documents are completely ready to go.  Pushing the translation
>> button today would help verify this.
>
> You're saying you want me to run another set, like yesterday's now?
>
>      - Sandro

If it is very easy, then yes, as we will then know that almost all
documents are fine to publish.