Re: Review "Changes Since December" document

From: Peter F. Patel-Schneider <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 17:44:11 -0400 (EDT)
To: schneid@fzi.de
Cc: sandro@w3.org, team-owl-chairs@w3.org, public-owl-wg@w3.org
From: "Michael Schneider" <schneid@fzi.de>
Subject: Review "Changes Since December" document [RE: Where do we put the changelogs? ]
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 22:05:47 +0200

> Sandro Hawke wrote:
>
>> (2) Peter wrote an excellent all-OWL-2 changes document:
>>
>>        http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/wiki/Changes_Since_December_2008
>>
>>     which everyone should please review to make sure it's not
>>     missing anything important
>
> A few points that I found:
>
> * "Presentation/New Documents": I think it's better to write the words in
> the titles of all our documents starting with capital letters. Most names
> are of this form, but I found, for example, "OWL 2 direct semantics", "OWL 2
> RDF-based semantics".

I disagree.  I do not believe that capitalization should be so used in
English.  Capitalization would be used in a reference to the document,
not the semantics, and it is the semantics that is being so referenced
in some places, not the document.  I realize that our documents are not
consistent on this distinction.

> * "Presentation/New Documents": "RDF-Based Semantics is a new normative
> document [...]". It's not /that/ new: It became FPWD in round 4 (October),
> and this is going to be round 6. I suggest to either remove the item, or say
> something like: "has undergone significant editing in order to complete the
> document for last call publication".

Ooops.

Now
* [[RDF-Based Semantics]] has been completed and updated to reflect
  changes to OWL 2.

> * "Technical Changes". The 6th and 7th item both talk about
> xsd:dateTimeStamp and (owl|xsd):dateTime. I think the two items should be
> combined to tell a single story. Also, there is a typo in the 6th item:
> "owl:dat[a]Time".

These have been specifically separated so that "At Risk #3" has its own
item.

> Cheers,
> Michael

peter