Re: Review of XML Serialization (first part)

On 8 Apr 2009, at 13:21, Rinke Hoekstra wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I had another look at the XML Serialization,

Thanks!

> and am really happy with the additions and new structure. Much better.

Great!

> There are still a couple of things I'd like to remark though:
>
> * The definition of PN_PREFIX contains an invisible character ' '
> that probably shouldn't be there.

I looked but couldn't see it!

Do you mean:
(&PN_CHARS; ))?
                            ^
?
If so, fixed.

> * The definition of PN_CHARS_BASE is garbled on the wiki, as it (or
> my firefox?) tries to render the characters. This makes that one
> cannot copy & paste the XML schema from the browser to a file.

Well, it's not garbled, per se. If you have the right encoding, it
should be ok. It's just two different spelling.

> Isn't there some way of making this possible (My guess is that it
> can be done, but that it would interfere with the live-from-wiki
> schema)

Yes and Yes. Basically I have to escape the amps. I prefer this way
of rendering since it makes it absolutely clear that it is the same
as sparql.

Will tweak in the generation process.

I tend to download it from:
	http://www.w3.org/ns/owl2-xml/live-from-wiki.xsd

I think it would be nice to have a link to a direct download so one
can do that instead of cnp. I'll add that.

> * I am a bit puzzled by the line "Only one Prefix element may
> define a prefix in a particular file" as the schema clearly allows
> for multiple prefixes to be defined. Perhaps turn the sentence
> 'round to "In any particular file, a prefix may be defined by only
> one Prefix element".

Much better, thanks! Fixed.

Schema updated.