RE: Review of the RDF Mapping (Action 315)

Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:

>>>hard
>>>
>>>I'm not sure how to reword and keep both brevity and correctness.
>I've
>>>made a slight change, which might help.
>>
>> I believe I now know where (at least part of) my confusion results
>from:
>>
>> [[
>>     if the mapping of a construct refers to the mapping of a
>> --> subconstruct,
>>     then the triples generated by the recursive invocation
>>     of the mapping are added to the graph under construction,
>>     and
>> --> its
>>     main node is used in place of the recursive invocation itself.
>> ]]
>>
>> I guess it is the "its". Does this "its" refer to the "subconstruct"?
>> In any case, the best thing would be to explicitly write the thing
>> being meant instead of "its".
>
>"its" refers to the mapping of the subconstruct
>
>I've made a change to try to make this clearer.

Now it's (rather than "its") clear!

>>>You mean in T(SEQ y1 ... yn) etc.  Yes, this is very deliberate.
>These
>>>are not sets.
>>
>> Well, but they are /called/ "sets". And the order of all the yi
>> doesn't matter. Same for all the zi, and for all the wi.
>
>The wording has been changed to use "sequence".

Hm, ok, as RDF they are sequences. That, semantically, the relative order
within each such sequence does not play a role, well, does not play a role
in the RDF mapping document. So I'm fine.

in a satisfactory way.

Dipl.-Inform. Michael Schneider
Research Scientist, Dept. Information Process Engineering (IPE)
Tel  : +49-721-9654-726
Fax  : +49-721-9654-727
Email: michael.schneider@fzi.de
WWW  : http://www.fzi.de/michael.schneider
Haid-und-Neu-Str. 10-14, D-76131 Karlsruhe
Tel.: +49-721-9654-0, Fax: +49-721-9654-959
Stiftung des bürgerlichen Rechts, Az 14-0563.1, RP Karlsruhe
Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. Wolffried Stucky, Prof. Dr. Rudi Studer