Re: Wiki seems to be near to collapse!

On Mittwoch, 8. April 2009, Michael Schneider wrote:
> [...]

So do I, regarding workflow and general access (no extra tools, easy access
from any machine with a web browser, text-based document search, complete
history, etc.). But the content type "W3C specification document" is not
supported well in wikis. For shorter information pieces and notes, a wiki is
clearly the best solution.

Also, we have had some typical technology transition problems here: people
complain about the HTML features that wikis are missing, but they do hardly
exploit the wiki features that HTML does not have (including templates, which
could really be used like LaTeX macros everywhere, instead of repeatedly
typing things like <em title="MUST in RFC 2119 context"

-- Markus

> For example, one can easily point
> people to a particular historic version of a document. They don't have
> to download anything, the old version is simply available as a website.
> One can also easily play around with new stylesheets and the like
> in a sandbox version of the document, create examples, and everything
> is a website accessible from everywhere. I wouldn't talk against
> an SVN/LaTeX solution, but I'm happy with the Wiki.
>
> Michael
>
> --
> Dipl.-Inform. Michael Schneider
> Research Scientist, Dept. Information Process Engineering (IPE)
> Tel  : +49-721-9654-726
> Fax  : +49-721-9654-727
> Email: michael.schneider@fzi.de
> WWW  : http://www.fzi.de/michael.schneider
> FZI Forschungszentrum Informatik an der Universität Karlsruhe
> Haid-und-Neu-Str. 10-14, D-76131 Karlsruhe
> Tel.: +49-721-9654-0, Fax: +49-721-9654-959
> Stiftung des bürgerlichen Rechts, Az 14-0563.1, RP Karlsruhe
> Vorstand: Prof. Dr.-Ing. Rüdiger Dillmann, Dipl. Wi.-Ing. Michael Flor,
> Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. Wolffried Stucky, Prof. Dr. Rudi Studer
> Vorsitzender des Kuratoriums: Ministerialdirigent Günther Leßnerkraus

Markus Krötzsch
Institut AIFB, Universität Karlsruhe (TH), 76128 Karlsruhe
phone +49 (0)721 608 7362          fax +49 (0)721 608 5998
mak@aifb.uni-karlsruhe.de          www  http://korrekt.org