RE: Review of the RDF Mapping (Action 315)

Hi Peter!

I'm fine with everything that I do not mention.

Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:

>> * §2.1, 1st par: The explanation there ("recursive definition") is
>hard
>> to understand. I admit that I did not get it even after reading it a
>> second time. Perhaps explain by example, or reword the text.
>
>I'm not sure how to reword and keep both brevity and correctness.  I've
>made a slight change, which might help.

I believe I now know where (at least part of) my confusion results from:

[[
    if the mapping of a construct refers to the mapping of a
--> subconstruct,
    then the triples generated by the recursive invocation
    of the mapping are added to the graph under construction,
    and
--> its
    main node is used in place of the recursive invocation itself.
]]

I guess it is the "its". Does this "its" refer to the "subconstruct"?
In any case, the best thing would be to explicitly write the thing
being meant instead of "its".

>> * Table 16, owl:hasKey: Is it deliberate that the sets "y1,...",
>> "z1,..." and "w1,..." are not enclosed in "{ }"? Looks like a typo.
>
>You mean in T(SEQ y1 ... yn) etc.  Yes, this is very deliberate.  These
>are not sets.

Well, but they are /called/ "sets". And the order of all the yi
doesn't matter. Same for all the zi, and for all the wi.

But it's not so important. But I think the presentation should
be at least everywhere the same: I just found that there are ","
separating the zi and wi, but not for the yi.

Dipl.-Inform. Michael Schneider
Research Scientist, Dept. Information Process Engineering (IPE)
Tel  : +49-721-9654-726
Fax  : +49-721-9654-727
Email: michael.schneider@fzi.de
WWW  : http://www.fzi.de/michael.schneider
Haid-und-Neu-Str. 10-14, D-76131 Karlsruhe
Tel.: +49-721-9654-0, Fax: +49-721-9654-959
Stiftung des bürgerlichen Rechts, Az 14-0563.1, RP Karlsruhe
Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. Wolffried Stucky, Prof. Dr. Rudi Studer