RE: Issue with RDF encoding of inverse property axioms/expressions

Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:

>Here is an analysis of the situation with the correct typing triples:
>
>  :p rdf:type owl:ObjectProperty .
>  :q rdf:type owl:ObjectProperty .
>  _:x owl:inverseOf :p .
>  _:x owl:inverseOf :q .
>
>The patterns in Table 6 match on the rdf:type triples
>and then OPE is initialized (Table 9) so that
>  OPE(:p) = :p
>  OPE(:q) = :q
>
>Then the pattern in Table 11 matches (in exactly one of two ways)
>resulting in, w.l.o.g.,
>  OPE(_:x) = ObjectInverseOf(:p)
>
>Then the pattern in Table 16 matches, generating the axiom
>  InverseObjectProperties(ObjectInverseOf(:p) :q)
>
>peter

I actually had taken the typing triples for the named properties into account. In my mail I had said "omitting declarations", i.e. I did not explicitly write them for brevity.

My analysis was exactly the same as yours, except for the last step: My error was simply that I confused the "!=" in "OPE(x) != epsilon" in Table 16 as a "=". Sorry!

So, indeed, it works!

Dipl.-Inform. Michael Schneider
Research Scientist, Dept. Information Process Engineering (IPE)
Tel  : +49-721-9654-726
Fax  : +49-721-9654-727
Email: michael.schneider@fzi.de
WWW  : http://www.fzi.de/michael.schneider
Haid-und-Neu-Str. 10-14, D-76131 Karlsruhe
Tel.: +49-721-9654-0, Fax: +49-721-9654-959
Stiftung des bürgerlichen Rechts, Az 14-0563.1, RP Karlsruhe
Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. Wolffried Stucky, Prof. Dr. Rudi Studer