Re: XML Syntax updated

Hi,

I'm currently in the process of reviewing the XML Serialization, but
it seems there's still some 'unfinished business'.

Please advise on how to proceed: should I wait a bit until the prefix
abbreviation mechanism is finalised?

Best,

	Rinke

On 31 mrt 2009, at 12:28, Bijan Parsia wrote:

> I've updated the schema to handle prefix declarations:
> 	http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/wiki/index.php?title=OWL_XML_Schema&diff=21025&oldid=20011
>
> The only issue remaining (before I update the spec text and declare
> victory) is how to distinguish IRIs from AbbreviatedIRIs. I've
> suggested a separate attribute and a leading token. Basically:
>
> 	<Class abbrevIRI="bjp:Person/>
> 	<Class aIRI="bjp:Person"/>
>
> vs.
>
> 	<Class IRI=">bjp:Person"/>
>
> The problem, of course, is that >bjp:Person is not a valid anyURI.
>
> vs.
> 	Depends on whether there's a declaration (the Sandro Solution)
>
> I'm also inclined to forbid relative URIs. They are a pain to cope
> with and to explain. I think having one univocal way to abbreviate
> URIs is overall much more beneficial than to have 2 mechanisms where
> one is optimized for a sorta strange case. A case I use a lot, but a
> bit of an outlier none-the-less.
>
> Thoughts welcome. Otherwise, I'll mope a bit and pick a solution.
>
> Cheers,
> Bijan.

---
Drs Rinke Hoekstra

Leibniz Center for Law      |  AI Department
Faculty of Law              |  Faculty of Sciences
Universiteit van Amsterdam  |  Vrije Universiteit
Kloveniersburgwal 48        |  De Boelelaan 1081a
1012 CX  Amsterdam          |  1081 HV Amsterdam
+31-(0)20-5253499           |  +31-(0)20-5987752
hoekstra@uva.nl             |  hoekstra@few.vu.nl

Homepage: http://www.leibnizcenter.org/users/rinke