Re: Use of owl:versionInfo to record ontology version IRI in RDF

Hi,

I'm in favour of having a separate property for encoding the version
IRI. The use of versionInfo for all kinds of content is widespread;
requiring an IRI there would break backward compatibility.

As Michael says, this property is to be used solely on Ontology
elements, it therefore seems natural to encode it as OntologyProperty.

Best,

	Rinke

On 6 apr 2009, at 12:56, Michael Schneider wrote:

> [...]

---
Drs Rinke Hoekstra

Leibniz Center for Law      |  AI Department
Faculty of Law              |  Faculty of Sciences
Universiteit van Amsterdam  |  Vrije Universiteit
Kloveniersburgwal 48        |  De Boelelaan 1081a
1012 CX  Amsterdam          |  1081 HV Amsterdam
+31-(0)20-5253499           |  +31-(0)20-5987752
hoekstra@uva.nl             |  hoekstra@few.vu.nl

Homepage: http://www.leibnizcenter.org/users/rinke