ACTION-319 Review profiles

From: Achille Fokoue <achille@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 16:27:52 -0400
To: W3C OWL Working Group <public-owl-wg@w3.org>, public-owl-wg-request@w3.org
Here is my review of the Profiles specification:

Overall comments:

Despite some minor concerns listed below, the spec is ready to go.

Detailed comments:

Section 1: Introduction.

The last paragraph of the introduction says 'This document depends on the
four features identified in the OWL 2 Specification [pointer to the syntax
spec] as being at risk'. However, I could only find two features at risk
in the Syntax Spec (Feature at risk #1 owl:rational support and Feature at
risk #4: rdf:XMLLiteral support, which should probably be numbered 2)

Section 4.1: OWL 2 RL Feature overview.

NegativeObjectPropertyAssertion and NegativeDataPropertyAssertion are
disallowed, but it seems that they should be part of the language since
they can be expressed using other allowed constructs (e.g.
NegativeObjectPropertyAssertion(R, a, b) =
DisjointClasses(ObjectSomeValueFrom(R, ObjectOneOf(b)), ObjectOneOf(a))).

Section 4.2.5 OWL 2 RL Axioms

DataPropertyDomain is incorrectly defined as DataPropertyDomain :=
'DataPropertyDomain' '(' axiomAnnotations DataPropertyExpression
superClassExpression ')'. superClassExpression in the previous definition
should be replaced by DataRange.

Best regards,
Achille.