RDF-Based Semantics and n-ary dataranges

From: Ian Horrocks <ian.horrocks@comlab.ox.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 19:46:48 +0100
To: W3C OWL Working Group <public-owl-wg@w3.org>
We didn't manage to conclude this discussion.

Summary of (my understanding of) the discussion so far:

* we all believe that OWL 2 *should* only support unary datatypes/
ranges, and that ontology documents including n-ary *should* be non-
conformant
* some of us believe that the existing spec actually says this (but
some additional explication may be useful)
* the structure of n-ary restrictions is defined in SS&FS, but
(hopefully) only the unary case can occur in conforming ontologies
(as above)
* Michael believes that as a result the RDF-Based semantics is broken
* Peter doesn't agree.

Comments?

Ian