RE: Top property in property chains for the EL fragment.

Hello,

Yes, this is intentional. The goal in the design of all the profiles of OWL 2 was to make them syntactic fragments of OWL 2 DL;
otherwise, the entire language hierarchy becomes quite messy. As a consequence, the restrictions on not using owl:TopObjectProperty
in EL++ is "unnecessarily"; however, hardly seems like a reason for concern.

Regards,

	Boris