Re: My answers to Jie Bao's review of the Full Semantics

On 12 Sep 2008, at 10:08, Michael Schneider wrote:

> Hi Jie,
>
> many thanks for your review comments. Below are my answers.
>
>     Introduction:
>     """
>     In the RDF Semantic documents, there are some nice diagrams
>     to visualize interpretations. It may be better to have similar
>     diagrams in this document.
>     """
>
> I do not intend to add such figures. Being only examples, they are
> purely informative, and thus would rather be something to put in
> the Primer, not in the technical spec.

Uhm...no. The primer is intended for a general audience. It's
definitely not going to spend a lot of time directly talking about
model theory.

The rationale for putting diagrams in the technical spec would be to
make *it* more accessible. Since OWL Full style semantics is rather
out of the way from common, first orderish semantics, it might be
necessary to make the document more accessible even to experts! That
is, it might be helpful to have some didactic material.

But I would wait until the basic technical work is done, for sure.